APPLICATIONS FOR THE SUTTON TRUST’S PATHWAYS TO LAW PLUS PROGRAMME IS NOW OPEN! A LINK TO THE APPLICATION FORM IS HERE.
The Trust has teamed up with top law firms DLA Piper, Hogan Lovells and Linklaters to offer an undergraduate programme supporting Law students during their degree. The programme includes:
- A three-day residential in London
- Mentoring from an employee at a sponsor firm
- The opportunity to apply for one of a number of summer work experience placements (commercial, chambers and in-house)
A law careers fair; and
Resources to support vacation scheme, training contract and mini-pupillage applications
MORE INFORMATION ON THE PROGRAMME IS AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITE.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for Pathways Plus, you must
- Be in the first year of an undergraduate course in Law at a UK university
- Have achieved at least AAB at A-level or equivalent (extenuating circumstances will be considered)
- Have attended a state school
We are also looking for students who
- Are the first generation in their family to attend university
- Were in receipt of Free School Meals whilst at secondary school
- Attended schools with a lower than average GCSE/A-level performance and/or progression to higher education
- Attended schools with a higher than average proportion of students who qualify for Free School Meals
- Have been looked after or in care
It doesn't matter whether or not you were previously a participant on our Pathways to Law programme, or which university you are attending. If you meet the criteria above, you are welcome to apply. You can also feel free to pass this email on to friends and colleagues who meet the criteria.