Allen & Overy are looking for Aspiring Solicitors first year university students to join them on for an interactive Open Day to gain a deeper understanding of the role of a lawyer and what it would be like to work at Allen & Overy. Attendees will be given the opportunity to meet lawyers from across A&O’s different practice groups, ask lots of questions, have a tour of the offices and take part in some hands on sessions where we hope you will learn some more about yourself, as well as A&O.
To apply for this event you must:
· be an Aspiring Solicitors member;
· have secured AAB at A-Level;
· be a 1st year law student or a penultimate year non-law student;
· be from at least one of the following diversity groups (i) Black Asian or Minority Ethnic (ii) be socially mobile (i.e. at least two from the following- be from a low income family, state school comprehensive, first generation of your family to attend university, be a refugee, have spent more than 3 month in local authority care) (iii) be LGBT+ (iv) have a disability or long term health condition;
· want to pursue a legal career at an international commercial law firm; and
· have secured at least BBB at A-Levels or equivalent.